IMPETUX – Optical Tweezers for Mechanobiology
Impetux is a worldwide key manufacturer and supplier of turnkey optical tweezers systems designed for mechanobiology studies in living cells and 3D tissues. Based on our distinctive and worldwide patented technology, SENSOCELL™ allows manipulating and deforming cells as whole or even endogenous structures such as the cell membrane, the cell nucleus, vesicles and other organelles while tracking the in vivo biological forces involved, even inside living tissues. Discover the insights of the rich world of cell mechanobiology in studies like cell micro-rheology, nucleus mechanotransduction, cell membrane mechanics, molecular motor activity and cell-cell interactions. SENSOCELL™ enables outstanding and unprecedented optical trapping experiences to explore new ways to boost your research.
Optical tweezers platform – SENSOCELL™
- Generate up to 256 optical traps thanks to its AOD beam steering technology enabling extensive manipulating control over them
- Get direct force measurements inside cells and tissues. No previous calibrations are needed: just trap & measure!
- Track simultaneous force measurements over multiple independent traps
- Measure forces applied either over trapped exogenous spherical particles or directly over whole cells or endogenous trappable cellular structures such as lipid vesicles, membranes or nuclei
- A wide variety of imaging techniques compatibility (BF, epi-FL, DIC, TIRF, Confocal…)
- Use our predefined & customizable routines for cell mechanobiology: force clamp, active & passive micro-rheology, cell stretching, tether pulling…
- …or create your own routines using our simple LightAce Software Development Kit!
- Includes an ultra-stable single-frequency laser source (5W, 1064 nm) for the best performance in frequency-dependent studies
LightAce: user-friendly control software suite for SENSOCELL™
Impetux have created a powerful, flexible and user-friendly control software suite for SENSOCELL™ optical tweezers called LightAce. The software is based on the integration of LABVIEW (National Instruments), ImageJ and μ-Manager. Easy and intuitive to work with, LightAce will allow you to:
- Take control over multiple optical traps and read real time force & position data for each trapped target.; apply force clamping or launch built-in routines. Simply selecting the different options on the interface menu, LightAce offers you an incredible set of trapping, manipulation & measurement capabilities!
- Customize predefined routines for your specific experiments choosing the setting parameter values for each menu option.
- Use predefined and customisable automated routines for cell mechanobiology or create your own routines using the simple and flexible LightAce Software Development Kit (SDK) completed by a variety of examples.
In developing LightAce, Impetux have created a user-friendly GUI. After a short training course given by their engineers, non-experts users can start working immediately and plan experiments from the very beginning. To learn more, view below video:
For Applications examples of SENSOCELL™ click applications tab or watch video: